Novatel MC990D is one of the GSM modem on the market (at least here in Indonesia). From the web page, it says that it supported the Linux 2.6 kernel. So without any doubt, I think it will behave just like other gsm modem I’ve tried before. Just plug it and it will play nicely with usb_modeswitch.
Well … from my latest experience … it is not …
Let see, the last post from this blog is dated on October 16th, 2013. Because of me trying to manage my own blog on my own domain, I decided to move this blog to my own domain (http://alvonsi.us). And guess what? I don’t have too much interest on it (maybe because it just a sudden emotional action of a young-blodded geek), and in the end, the domain (with all the blog) … dead!
So … after trying some few alternatives (I’ve tried blogspot, tumblr, and even creating new blog on wordpress), I decided to revive this blog again. Why? Because of so many memories wrote in this blog, and why should I throw them to the dustbin?
How’s me? Well, this is a few updates happened to me
- I’m still working at Gamatechno, but now I’m not fully programmer, but going
higher harder into the managerial position
- My GPS project for my thesis is done. I got A for the project. The bad news is … I lost all my data and works with my domain T_T … The only copy I have is now on my University’s library *giggle
- I’m married now, living on my own house at Kalasan area, Jogjakarta. And blessed with one beautiful 5 month daughter.
- My new hobby is photography, so expect to view some post with photography topic. My gear? A badass Nikon D7000 with 18-105mm kit lens and a nifty-fifty 50mm f1.8 G. My interest? Well, let just say that I’m on the search of the enlightment. No particular interest, just shoot ^^
- Since the last post, I’ve trying some blog site. And here are the list:
- http://alvonsius.tumblr.com (still active, mostly photography content)
- http://44studio.blogspot.com (dunno what to do with this one)
- http://alvonsius.blogsome.com (my old blog, way before this one)
- http://kuduisolinux.blogspot.com (my first linux blog, I’ve lost the account to this blog so pratically this one is on dormant state)
- http://weekendtravellers.wordpress.com (I planning to do much of weekend travelling with my wife, so we created this site. But after we create it, we became so busy for the work, house, and the last one .. the baby ^^ … so maybe this one is also on dormant state)
Okay … that’s for the update … I’ll see you on my next post ^^
Hello all, as you may see from the title, I’m moving my blog to another place. There is no particular reason for this, it’s just that I want to “brand” myself on my own domain name and stuff. So, I decided to bought myself a domain, and it’s alvonsi.us …
And now, officially this blog is moved to http://blog.alvonsi.us. You may find my older posts from this blog there too, since I already exported them there to. And, yeah, you may find the same announcement at my other blog. And so, I will write both in Indonesian and English language.
Okay, enough reading, I’ll meet you on that site …
Here you go, being bored with the same models of Gnome Desktop (top and bottom panel), yesterday I tried to rearrange my desktop. I want it to be clean and simple, maybe with some Mac accents, but without losing the gnome style. So …. here it is …
My Desktop Screenshot
Humm, the recipe? All you need is …
- Ubuntu Linux 8.04 (http://ubuntu.com), or other Linux Distros supplied with Gnome 2.20, and Compiz enabled of course.
- Murinne GTK Engine (pull the latest from the SVN, which create the effect that it won’t be compatible with older Murrine themes), with Shiki-Colors as the theme (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Shiki-Colors?content=86717). Use the Emerald window manager that supplied with the theme package. Second thought bout the Murrine Engine, you could use the DEB package provided by the author of Shiki on that link.
- Avant Window Navigator for the ‘yeah-it’s-mac-lookalike-panel’. Download the latest package from Ubuntu PPA repositories (since it’s provide you with some cool applets). Don’t forget the Scaled Black theme. Ah … as the AWN is not provide you with some launcher, so you need to build it yourself. It’s easy … just click here and there.
- Elementary Icons.
- The fonts? It’s Liberation Sans.
- One little visual tips from me is, keep your opened application “un-maximized”. Since maximized form of application really suck in this kind of desktop view.
There you go … happy creating something …
After being so busy with my current job, today *err … seein the clock, i guess I should said … yesterday … one minute already passed from midnight* I able to put my brain on my research.
Still about GPS location and Web Service … I decide to use RESTful Web Service as the service model for mobile application built on Java ME. Why? Coz I already build the server with PHP+NuSOAP, which still holds RPC-Encoded model of web service, while Java ME (JSR 172) doesn’t support it. After little chat with Nico, he told me to try RESTful Web Service … and here it goes … I rebuild the service, only to serve XML document based on request from the client …
Ah! I never thought that Web Service could be so easy using this concept (err … do I called it right as concept?) … And, yes … actually with REST, our response could be anything as long the client understands it *err, maybe a little drawback if I can’t supply the correct information about it, but it must be thought before, and maybe I am to lazy not to read all the documentation*
My first attempt, using Java ME + KXML as the reader, still in the emulator box, though … well, at least I could see something now ^^ *since I never touch any not-a-web programming before*
Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!
*aaargghhh … the time is ticking!!!! should keep the speed up here … mayday mayday … mediccccc*
Today I was planning to do a survey on one of Transjogja’s route. The objective is to get information about Geodetic Coordinate of some bus stop and do some route tracking. For this purpose, I use these tools:
- Portable GPS Receiver, which could transmit NMEA data by bluetooth. I use Holux M-1000, got a fair price and service at otomasi.com
- My beloved mobile phone, Sony Ericsson W810i, equipped with MobileTrailExplorer as GPS bluetooth data receiver, waypoint marker, and tracklogger.
- Viking GPS Data and Topo Analyzer (http://viking.sf.net/), so I could read the GPX data exported from MobileTrailExplorer on Ubuntu.
- Patient … a lot of patient, since I have to sit on the bus for about 2 hours (that’s average time for one lap).
The actual plan is I will pick route 3A as a target. Since this route is passing both my boarding house and my office, so I could start in the morning from bus stop near of my boarding house, and track the route until my office, stop there and go to work, and continue tracking on the afternoon from bus stop near my office and finish at my boarding house again (yeah, what a nice plan!!).
And the result is …
Actually what happened is not as smooth as I think. Okay, as you may see at the picture above, I only could track half of the route. Why is this happened? Well, technical reason … At Giwangan I saved the tracklog into memory stick (export it into GPX format – resulting that image), and then continue tracking. So far everything is fine, but the problem arise when the tracker application suddenly freeze when we arrived at East Ring Road (Disnaker) bus stop. That time I still could record the last waypoint there but after that the tracker application freeze. And I didn’t realized that happened until we are near of UPN bus stop. Darn … I don’t know what is the source, but when I try to connect it again to the GPS receiver, it is refused …
And so … the tracklog from Giwangan to Disnaker is lost! My great plan on recording a full track of a route is failed just when it’s about to come to the finish line. But it’s okay, since the waypoint records is still there, I could use them for some research preparation.
Tommorow I will track for route 2B, I must prepare everything better now … until then, stay healthy guys!!!
Yeah, new theme here … white text on top of black background.
There is no specific reason for this to be happened, I just want to change the mood and keep everyone happy on loading my page (less images less bandwitdh I presume) …
Okay, there are other changes here. I’ve added new category called “Research Room”. This category is dedicated to log my research which I hope will be finished on September. The main theme of my research is using Web Service to create a Transportation Information Services, planned to be tested on Transjogja. The system itself will integrate GPS, J2ME, PHP, and maybe Python applications through web service as their “broker” …
And yes … except PHP, the rest were subjects I’ve never touch for the whole of my life!! And maybe this time is the time to start touching them …
Well, meet you on my next post then … until then, keep healty guys!!!!
As the picture is clearly explained, there will be Jogjakarta Ubuntu Release Party going on May 17th. This time we are targeting to attract more people in using Linux. And as you may read on my previous posts, our concern is the normal user, people who would use Linux just for office matter, or home usage, or anything that have nothing to do with technical stuff.
Well, so please be there and let the wings of penguin spreaded all over Jogjakarta.
Oh, one more thing … you may contact me for further information … just leave a comment here … Humm, and I really dreaming of Sandra Dewi attending this talkshow … *anyone know how to invite her??*😀