Liputan Jogjakarta Feisty Party dapat dilihat di http://www.ubuntu-id.org/news/liputan-jogjakarta-feisty-party
Nevertheless, if you are one of the lucky Ubuntu users to have a compatible PC with full ACPI support, more power to you. Hold on tight to it and help bring the Linux revolution to the masses. It just started. For real this time. The only way is up from now on.
Humm … then I started to think … with my Compaq M2232, plugged with Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft …
- I got a fully supported CPU, with ACPI of course
- Wifi is working out of the box (plus the LED is active)
- Soundcard working well, with or without the headset
- Graphic card is very very friendly with Beryl and her family
- USB port, all of them is working well
- SD card reader, working … not perfect, but somehow it’s working
- Modem, not yet tested but pretty sure it’s working
- Ethernet card … working … full thrust!!!
- Battery …. supported, I thin
- Sony Ericsson w810i, worked and recognized well as modem and external drive
And still, lots of my friend can’t have the same condition like me …
Then … how much long should I wait for a stable and fully supported linux distribution? So what I get is what my friend will get. And promise me oh ye developer, ye won’t be sick listening to our weekly bug reports. And to ye, oh our mighty vendors, please open your door to the world of open source. Don’t make this distance between us grow. Come to us and lend us your hand, coz believe us, in the next few years this you-think-is-not-worth operating system will be more and more worth than those who live longer before us. Then wait for our evolution, the evolution of freedom.
Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process. A battle between what exists and what is yet to be born. In the midst of these birth pains, morality loses its meaning. The question of good and evil reduced to one simple choice: survive or perish (Mohinder Suresh, Heroes, 2007)